If you need a custom shape or size patch not on our list of in-stock patches, and it is not critical that your patch has a stitched edge, then non-edged patches are your best option.
Sometimes our non-edged patches are the only way you can get the patch you want in a small quantity. Rest assured that at 3 feet away from you, people will not know your patches do not have a pre-sewn edge.
Non-edged patches can be in any shape or size up to 12" x 17"
- Same price as our regular patches for standard size and oversize
- Up to 15 square inches (3"x5") are standard size, 16-80 square inches (8"x10") are oversize, over 80 square inches (up to 12"x17") are oversize PLUS
- No minimum
- No delay
- No extra charge if you cut them out
We can usually cut for $2 standard size, $5 oversized, $8 oversized plus
- Inquire about professional cutting
- Patches do not fray and cut easily with a pair of scissors
- Can dye a border onto the patch if desired
- Often used for special shape shields
- Square-inch pricing available for cost-effective runs of small pieces - details below the price chart
Prices are for each patch, sew-on backing
Iron-on: Add $1 standard size, $3 oversized, $6 oversized plus Velcro hook: Add $2.50 standard size, $7.50 oversized Fabric glue: Add $3-$7
Cutting: We can usually cut for $2 standard size, $5 oversized, $8 oversized plus, but you can easily cut with steel or titanium scissors yourself for no extra charge
Shipping/handling starts at $3.85 for up to 5 patches. FREE SHIPPING for orders > $50.
|Size||QTY = 1||2-5||6-15||16-25||26-50||51-100||Over 100|
|Standard size, up to 15 square inches||$13.95||$9.25||$7.00||$5.75||$4.80||$4.10||$3.50|
|Oversized, up to 80 square inches||$19.50||$17.50||$15.00||$13.50||$12.50||$11.50||$10.50|
|Oversized plus, more than 80 square inches||$24.50||$21.50||$19.00||$17.50||$16.50||$14.50||$13.50|
Small non-edged patches by the square inch, rather than by the piece
With non-edged patches there is another option we can offer you for inexpensive numbers of small patches.
We will let you place your order based on square inches, rather than individual pieces. This can save you significant amounts of money. We call this purchasing your non-edged patches on an equivalent square inch basis.
The basic idea is however many we can fit of your design into what we would call an oversized patch of 80 square inches, we will charge you for one piece of oversized patch, rather than individual pieces. Here is an example:
If your design is 1" x 2", that is 2 square inches. You can therefore get 40 pieces out of 80 square inches that we would call an oversized patch size.
This makes your price come to $19.50 for 40 pieces => $.48 each. As opposed to $4.80 each for 40 pieces, a significant savings. So all you need to do is figure out the square inches size of your piece and how many would fit into 80 square inches, then decide how many oversized pieces you will need to order.
These will be repeats of the same design and may come to you on smaller pieces of fabric, not a large intact sheet. Our being able to use up scraps of fabric is one reason we are able to offer you this cost-effective option.
These will be uncut as all our non-edged patches are. For small pieces such as clothing labels where we see this idea used, you will generally find going with a rectangular shape and using a ruler/blade to be the easiest way to cut these. We are sorry we do not have laser contour cutting available.
We don't show a cutting service on our checkout and do not normally do hand cutting for customers. If the prospect of cutting your own non-edged patches is a problem, contact us to see if we might be willing to do it, for a fee.
Permanently Dyed, Durable, Outlast Garment
- ▸ Image permanently DYED into patch, not embroidered or stitched
- ▸ Machine washable and dryable, scrubbable, dry cleanable
- ▸ Patches stand up to rain, salt water, dust and sand
- ▸ Design molecularly bonded with fabric, subsurface
- ▸ Image will not scratch off as in screen printing or get snagged as in embroidery
- ▸ Patches made with same process as colorful polyester clothing
Why Would I Want Dyed, Not Embroidered?
- ▸ Can order smaller quantities, as low as one patch
- ▸ Unlimited colors and gradients available
- ▸ Extremely fine detail
- ▸ Edges and background of patch can match exactly
- ▸ No threads in design to fray
- ▸ Clean-looking text without thread between the words
- ▸ More details and advantages of our sew-on fabric patches
We Do Not Make Embroidered Patches
Below are photos of embroidered patches we were
asked to reproduce, with the embroidered on the left and our dye sublimation versions on the right. We
sometimes add drop shadows to text to simulate three-dimensionality. Note that the lettering is
actually more readable and the map is more accurate and detailed in our dyed version.
To Order or Get Instant Quote
- ▸ Use Buy Patches button to provide personalization, see shipping options
- ▸ Use Get An Instant Quote button to see pricing and shipping options without providing image or payment
- ▸ Pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, US check, US money order
- ▸ Email photos or artwork to address below; mailed photos returned unharmed
- ▸ Details on file types we can accept
- ▸ We do expect usable or easily modifiable art - minor touch-ups, enhancements, text resets are fine
- ▸ We email back a proof before making your patches
- ▸ Turnaround details, 5-12 days but quicker for memorials
- ▸ If there is a deadline, please fill in the must-receive-by date in cart so we can keep your needs visible
- ▸ We ship our custom patches anywhere in the world
- ▸ Do not submit crude, off-color, lewd, vulgar designs, or those for which you do not hold the copyright
- ▸ You are welcome to call or write before placing your order - we generally prepare art and a proof after you order